Hackle, double row
CANADIAN orders only.
A versatile tool used for both combing and blending.
You can set fleece onto the teeth and work with a comb in hand.
You can also place prepared fibres onto the hackle and pull them through a diz to make top.
Another alternative is to blend various types of fibres, or play around with colour, with layering or in-depth blending.
The double row hackle is best suited for finer fibres. However, the two rows are at different heights which allows to work with one only (the highest, for initial combing or coarser fibres) or both.
The pins are bonded to the base with a tough resin and are evenly spaced.
- The combs are made from stainless steel with polished points softened to a blunt and safe tip that is still sharp enough to work efficiently.
- Comes with a wooden pin cover for protection.
- Included are 2 clamps to secure the hackle. The blocks are covered with rubber tops to ensure a firm grip and prevent damage to your working surface.
- The hackles sides have a step if you need to use an F clamp instead.
- Comes with a Majacraft diz and diz hook.
- Length is 18.5 inches (47 cm)
- Width is 1.8 inches (4.5 cm)
- Height is 1.4 inches (3.5 cm)
- Comb width is 12.6 inches (32 cm)
- Spacing of tines is
Using a hackle is great fun, allows to handle a greater quantity of fibres and ensures a wonderful fibre prep for fun spinning and beautiful results.
For the single row version, click here.
Majacraft products are made by a small team, the Poad family, in New-Zealand.
Ready to ship within 4 business days.
**Shipping costs are an estimate and surcharge will be reimbursed.**